We think of ourselves as an inclusive organisation, we love to work with people and provide opportunities. There are loads of ways you can get involved, from invigilating right through to realising project ideas. Some examples of the sort of opportunities we offer are detailed below but if you don’t see what you’re thinking of there, drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteer – Empty Shop is a great place to volunteer and get some experience. You need to be friendly, driven, motivated, willing to learn and able to think on your feet. In most cases we call upon volunteers to work with us on projects and ’empty shops’ outside of our permanent HQ building. Sign up to this form to keep informed about volunteer and project work opportunities – http://eepurl.com/qaa4D
- Curate an exhibition – Occasionally we look for someone with an outside perspective and a particular type of vision to come in and curate one of our exhibitions. Email your CV and a curators statement to email@example.com to join our list of potential collaborators
- Put on a gig/night – Our City Centre HQ space is fully licensed and is the perfect place to host a gig or similar. for more info… click here
- Lead a class/workshop – A number of people have ran or piloted classes and workshops at Empty Shop, and we are always open to suggestion. If you are skilled in particular area and would like to run a class or course, get in touch and we will work with you to try and make it happen.
- Use a space – Empty Shop is a resource for the production, exhibition and viewing of art. If you would like to use one of our spaces get in touch and we’ll see what we can do.
- Collaborate – We love working with others; ideas become stronger and together we can acheive more. Whether an individual, group or another organisation, we are open to all ideas and invitations.